At Hales Osteopathic Practice we have always maintained high standards of hygiene for the benefit of our staff and patients. During COVID-19 we have made further adaptations based on advice from Public Health England, for the Health and Safety of our patients and staff.
Please read the information provided below to ensure that your visit to us proceeds smoothly.
Booking your Appointment
Our receptionists will ask you a few pre-screening questions:
• Have you had close contact with or cared for anyone with COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days?
• Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days:
- High Temperature
- Sore Throat
- Respiratory Illness
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or taste
• Your age
• Whether you have any underlying medical conditions
If you are over 65 years of age and/or have any underlying medical conditions a practitioner will call you to assess the risk of attending a consultation.
• Please do not arrive early for your appointment. This is to enable social distancing and cleaning between patients.
• If possible, please do not bring a chaperone or children with you without speaking to a practitioner first.
• Avoid bringing unnecessary bags, umbrellas and other belongings with you to your appointment.
• The front door will be locked.
• Please call us from your phone or ring the doorbell.
• The practitioner or the receptionist will open the door for you, and all doors during your visit.
• When you enter the building please use the sanitiser gel provided, or if you prefer, wash your hands with soap and water. The toilet is located at the top of the stairs on the right.
• The practitioner or the receptionist will take your temperature with a contactless forehead thermometer.
• We are asking you to wear a mask. You can either bring your own or buy one from us: Re-useable, washable cloth masks: £5, or disposable paper masks: £1.
• You will pass through the waiting room straight into the treatment room.
• The practitioner will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); a mask, and disposable apron. The use of gloves and eye protection (visor) will be discussed with the patient.
• The treatment table and pillows have plastic covers and pillowcases, which will be wiped and sanitised after every patient.
• No bed linen will be used. If you require a towel for modesty, they will be at 60 degrees after a single use.
• Before and after each patient, the practitioners have been trained to clean the treatment room and wash their hands and arms up to the elbow.
Leaving the Practice
• Contactless payment, or direct bank transfer, is preferred. Cash or cheques may be accepted if this is not possible.
• We ask that you leave promptly to enable us to clean the practice and change our PPE before the next patient arrives.
• You may dispose of any paper masks in the bin provided by the front door.
If you have any issues that you would like to discuss, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time.